background

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

{Candy} Graduation Hats


WOW, what a difference a year makes. I can't believe my little girls just finished their first year of college. These were such a cute treat for my girls High School Graduation party last year. I just never got around to posting them, so for all you moms out there with graduates this year, ENJOY!


The cookies in the photo are delicious too, see recipe here.


The party was fantastic and the dessert bar, oh MY! It was a big hit and I would recommend anyone doing this for anytime of big party.


Of course we served up some of our favorite cupcakes of all-time
Pineapple Cupcakes with White Chocolate Frosting


I saw many versions of this and still went out to create my own yet another completly different version that was quick and easy.

Graduation Candy Hats
created by me; inspired by Taste of Home

24 miniature peanut butter cups (freeze overnight)
24 Dove (freeze overnight)
24 mini-chocolate M&M candy pieces (chocie of color)
1 pkg sour straw candy
Melting Chocolate (to use for the glue)

Remove candy from the freezer and upwrap all candy and place upside down on waxed paper. Melt chocolate metling candy in microwave to use for the glue to put hats together. Cut the candy rope/straw sour candy into thin strips for the tassel. With a tooth pick dip into the melted chocolate and then place the tassel onto the top of the hat and the M&M on top of each candy.

1 comment :

  1. Those are SO cute! I remember seeing a bunch of your photos from last year. :)
    Can't believe you guys are nearing the end of year 1.... so crazy but so awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...