background

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Cake Batter Cookies {and a Dessert Bar}

I saw this recipe using red and blue sprinkles over at Cookin' Cowgirl, which would be perfect for 4th of July Cookies, but since I was hosting a Graduation Party for my sweet girls who just graduated High School, I decided to use black and yellow the colors of the college they would be attending in the Fall; Lindenwood University in St. Charles, Missouri (and yes they are 1837 miles away from home as I post this). Here they are dancing for the Lindenwood Football in the first home game last weekend.







Back to the cookies, though. I want to say these are the easiest cookies ever and so yummy. The plate keep dissappearing all day long. There was not one single cookie left in sight, good thing I sampled a few when making them.

I also did this great display of all black and yellow candy and treats. I found some black and yellow licorice tied it with a bow (so CUTE!), then I found BLACK, yes black chocolate at my local cake store and some yellow chocolate and dipped the tops of the marshmallows in the chocolate and added some spinkles to the tips and they were ready to go. Both of these items can be done days early too, so that the day of the party it's all ready and set to go. Now that graduation is long-gone, feel free to pin these ideas for later or they are also great for any birthday party or Halloween parties you may have coming up, Halloween is just around the corner.


The yellow cupcakes are my favorite Pineapple Cupcakes with White Chocolate Buttercream
The cupcakes on the left are a party favorite Chocolate Chip Cupcakes


Freezer Tip: I made these cookies the weekend before the party and froze them. The day of the party they defrosted in less 15 minutes and tasted just perfect.


Cake Batter Cookies
recipe found at Cookin' Cowgirl
makes about 30-32 cookies

1 box vanilla cake mix, 18.25 oz
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup yellow sprinkles
1/2 cup black spinkles (or use whatever color you need to match occasion)

Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and baking powder. In a small bowl, mix together the eggs, oil and vanilla. Add the egg mixture to the cake mixture and stir to combine. Stir in the sprinkles. Drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.

3 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...