background

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Camping Cake CUPCAKES


This is a recipe I learned almost 15 years ago when I first met my husband. It's a recipe his mama makes all the time and a recipe that I've made for him ever since it was past down to me. Here is my original post about the camping cake, but today I wanted to make this oh so delicious cake into some cupcakes. This was a trial run and they came out PERFECT, I will be making these on our trip this week. Even though we are camping, motorhome'ing and driving 12 hours a day to get to our destination of St. Charles, Missouri there is always time to bake some dessert for my family even if it's while we are driving on the road going 70 miles per hour down the highway.


Camping Cake CUPCAKES
original recipe from my wonderful mother-in-law Charlotte

1 box Deviled Food Chocolate Cake Mix
1 box of Jello COOK & SERVE Pudding (can NOT be instant; either size box is fine, I use big box)
Chocolate Chips
Walnuts (or favorite nuts)

Make the pudding according to the directions on the box (the cook & serve, add the milk and cook on the stove; yea, that's the one!). Then add the dry cake mix to the cooked pudding and mix well (you do NOT add anything else, no eggs, no oil, no nothin').

For cupcakes, I lined my muffin pan with cupcake liners, then with an ice cream scoop pour one large scoop of mix into each cupcake liner. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts (about 1/2 a bag, more if you'd like). Bake. (approx. 30-35 minutes; I usually follow the cooking directions on the back of the cake box) There you have it, perfect cupcakes to serve! The cake is extremely moist and everyone loves it!


2 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...