background

Monday, December 19, 2011

THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS #60 (Christmas Dinner & Food Traditions) and Wedge Salad with Come Back Sauce

THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS Linky Party
CHRISTMAS DINNER and FOOD TRADITIONS
Wedge Salad with Come Back Sauce



I am starting to LOVE wedge salads! It's my "newest" favorite salad. And it's SO SO easy to make, it's all in this wonderful salad dressing! I just decided today that this is going to be our salad for Christmas Eve. I made this salad a while back and just haven't had time to post it. My mom, sister-in-law and myself were planning our meals today for Christmas Eve & Christmas Day and I think this will be a perfect addition to our Christmas Eve Dinner (guess what we are having?) Spaghetti & Garlic Bread (yep, we are SO not traditional)! All the kids will love it and of course we are serving G'ma's Simple Spaghetti.

I do not know the story about this sauce, nor where it came from, nor anything about it! I found it on Pinterest, tried it out and we LOVE it. SO, I don't really mind where it came from I am just glad I found it!


Comeback Sauce on a Wedge Salad
found on Syrup and Biscuits

1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup chili sauce
1 small tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp Tabasco sauce
1/4 cup olive oil
juice of one lemon

Mix all ingredients well and store in refrigerator overnight. It needs to sit to let the flavors mix well.  Makes a pint jar full.



Please Grab Our Button!!!



This Week's Cravings Upcoming Linky "THEMES"
Here is a complete list of the past and what's coming up next on THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS!
December 26 - Macaroni & Cheese
January 2 - Let's Get Healthy (Healthy Meals & Snacks)

January 9 - Comfort Food (Soups & Casseroles)

January 16 - CHEESE LOVER DAY... any cheese recipe
If you are new here browse around some past weeks at THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS and you'll see why we are having so much fun and we invite you to link up too. Your hostess for this party are: Tina from MOMS CRAZY COOKING, Angela from Big Bear's Wife, Nicole from The Daily Dish and Kristi from Veggie Converter. We host this theme linky party every Monday (and the party stays open all week long)! We hope to inspire you to make something with our theme or get an old post notice by linking it up to the linky party below.

If you are a regular, link-up we're excited to see what you made this week. Just follow our simple rules, so that everyone can enjoy the linky party! If you forget to follow the theme, your post will be deleted. Please don't feel hurt, just come back and link up a recipe that follows the theme. Thanks a million, we look forward to blogging with you!
The LINKY PARTY is opened ALL Week!

PLEASE do not link more then 3 recipes per week.
This week's theme is: CHRISTMAS DINNER & FOOD TRADITIONS
Please only link recipes with our theme!

This week's theme is: CHRISTMAS DINNER & FOOD TRADITIONS
Please only link recipes with our theme!

5 comments :

  1. Hello,
    Wow!!!! such a nice food i like it so much......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Tina. Thanks for hosting this! I linked up my favorite Cinnamon and Sugar Recipes....cinnamon rolls are our Christmas morning tradition. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've noticed the wedge salad approach more and more in restaurants around here. I'll have to try that dressing, I love making my own instead of bottled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tina. Thank you for hosting this fun linky party. I have added Swedish Almond Cake (ultimate family favorite for Christmas), "Sunday Best" Rolls (favorite for Christmas dinner), and Pomegranate-Orange Ice Cream Float, which has become a new Christmas Eve food tradition at our house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful illustrated information. I thank you about that. No doubt it will be very useful for my future projects. Would like to see some other posts on the same subject!

    high fiber indian foods

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...