background

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pecan Snowballs from GUEST BLOGGER: Melissa's Cuisine

I just love Melissa's blog. All her recipes look so delicious. I love that she is newly married and likes to make her husband treats (he even takes them to work.... my husband does the same thing). A few weeks ago I had an entire left-over cake from a recipe I was trying to make into something that didn't turn out quite right. I frosted the cake and set it off to work with him. My husband's work loves when I am in the kitchen baking too, they never turned down treats.


TAKE IT AWAY:  Hi everyone! I'm Melissa, and I blog over at Melissa's Cuisine. I was so excited when Tina sent an email asking if I'd be interested in guest posting (Thanks Tina!) and I'm thrilled to be sharing one of my favorite recipes with you today.

I love to bake and cook, though I would say I love baking the most! I grew up helping my parents in the kitchen, and now that I'm married I spend a lot of time baking treats for my husband. His co-workers love it when I spend a day in the kitchen :) You’ll find all kinds of baked goods and lots more over at my blog…I hope you’ll stop by!

Christmas is my favorite holiday. I absolutely love every part of it--especially the excitement in the air everywhere I go! It's one of the busiest times of the year, but also the most fun. For me, the fun comes from baking Christmas treats and sharing them with my family and friends. One Christmas cookie I grew up making and eating is the Pecan Snowball. Today I'd like to share my recipe with you, and I hope you'll love it as much as I do!


Pecan Snowballs
recipe source unknown


1 cup shortening
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons milk
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1-3/4 cup flour
1 cup oats
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
1/4 teaspoon salt
powdered sugar for coating

In a large bowl, beat shortening, powdered sugar, milk and vanilla until fluffy. Add in flour, oats, chopped pecan, and salt. Beat until combined. Form dough into 1 inch balls and place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 325 for 15-18 minutes.

Roll in baked cookies in powdered sugar while they're still warm.

Makes 2 dozen cookies


I was very excited to see that Melissa shared this recipe today! This was on my "to-do" list for this month and now I am glad that we got to share this with all of you! Thanks again Melissa.

2 comments :

  1. Fantastic! I make a version of these but had never thought of oatmeal-great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!! they look so yummy and tempting!! thank you for sharing the recipe!
    http://www.home2garden.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...