background

Friday, November 11, 2011

Apple Dippin' Peanut Butter Cookies

Make a Wish!
It's 11/11/11  (and this is posting at 11:11am) 
At this time 11/11/11 at 11:11 the time and date will be a perfect same-numbered palindrome, reading the same backwards as forwards, an event which can only happen one day every 100 years.

We are just finishing up our loads of apples we got last month when we went Apple picking. Yes, they really do keep this long. They are fresh and picked right off the tree. And did I say wonderful, well they are. The best apples ever. I promise to share my scrapbook pages soon. (I am scrapbooking ALL day today from dusk til dawn with my long-time girlfriends, so I will work on my apple picking pages first, then I can share them with you guys tomorrow)

First I want to share with you these great cookies we made. We actually made three batches of apple cookies (yes, I will be sharing all the recipes with you). When ever we make something, I like to taste and give-away. These cookies are for a fundraiser/bake sale. I made them up, pre-packaged them and then stuck them in the freezer til they are needed, we keep a few out to taste and a few more to take to Mrs. Rinkel and Mrs. Dorsett.


My girls love to share with their math class at school (well, I make them share with their math class at school). When I am making so many different cookies, desserts and muffins I sometimes have way to many, so I send them to school with the girls. They started this tradition last year with their favorite math teacher Mrs. Rinkel and my Magic Sweet Potato Muffins (even the boys in the class loved the muffins, we started receiving requests). Now this year they have the same teacher again Mrs. Rinkel and her trusty side kick Mrs. Dorsett. My girls are in their Statistics class this year with ALL girls, I know that class has got to be the funniest class of the day. They go to a small private school and they are really close to these teachers and we LOVE them both very much. I know they will be great mentors for my girls for years to come. So, I will continue to bake and share with them any time!

Mrs. Rinkel ROCKS!!! She even posed for a picture for my blog! WE LOVE YOU Mrs. Rinkel!
And YEP, her baggie of Apple Cookies are ALL GONE! :-)

Apple Dippin' Peanut Butter Cookies
recipe by Picky Palate

1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (we used chunky)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup vanilla flavored granola clusters
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup diced apples, very small
1/2 cup turbinado sugar, or other sugar of choice to roll cookies in

Preheat oven to 350. In a stand or electric mixer, cream butter and sugars until light mixed well. Beat in peanut butter until combined then add the egg and vanilla until well combined.

In a large bowl mix together the flour, granola, baking soda and salt. Slowly mix into the wet ingredients following the apples until just combined. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough, roll into sugar then place onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet. With tines of a fork, press down slightly on top of each cookie. Bake for 8-9 minutes, cookies should look somewhat soft inside when you take them out. Let cool/finish baking out of oven for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.

1 comment :

  1. I do the same thing. I always send in stuff to my daughter's communion class on Sundays. The nuns love it and they enjoy the appreciation by getting treats. The kids love it too! It makes getting up on Sundays a little more fun and something to look forward to in the morning!

    I'm going to have to make these. My kids love eating apple slices with peanut butter so I am sure they will love these too since it has all the same flavors!

    Thanks for sharing!
    Annamaria

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...