background

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Tailgate Sandwiches

Another new sandwich! But I can not decide which is my favorite; the new Tailgate Sandwich or the original Hot Sub Sandwich, therefore I am posting both. The first time I heard about this kind of sandwich is when it was picked as a TOP PICK for THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS and it now has become a household name, we call them Hot Sub Sandwiches, click here for the original recipe. But, lucky me. I love searching out new recipes and I found this twist on this same sandwich and I couldn't resist trying it out.


The two biggest differences are the Hawaiian Sweet Rolls and the Cream Cheese.

Tailgate Sandwiches
from Taste of Home Magazine, Caryn Ross

12 Hawaiian Sweet Rolls, split
1 lb shaved ham
12 slices white cheese, mozzarella
1 tub Cream Cheese
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1-1/2 tsp dried mince onion

Arrange bottoms of rolls in a greased 9x13 baking dish. Layer with cheese and then ham. Spread the top of each roll with a thin layer of cream cheese. Place cheese side down.

In a small bowl, combine the butter, Parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce and onion. Pour over sandwiches. Let stand for at least 20 minutes.

Cover and Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm.

7 comments :

  1. Oh these sound so good! I would love them alongside a bowl of soup for a perfect meal. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look fantastic-thanks again for the fantastic chocolate chip cookie party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina this sandwich look delicious!!! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sandwich looks so yummy! I just now pinned it and cannot wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my...I can't wait to try these! They look delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My friend made these for me a while back and she said it was all in the roll! The Hawaiian rolls are amazing! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These sound so good!! I love Hawaiian bread, and the topping mixture sounds like it gives it awesome flavor!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...