background

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Caramelized Onion Pot Roast

I am spending my twin daughters birthday in NEW YORK CITY!


No, they are not this little anymore! We are celebrating their 18th birthday & my 40th birthday in New York City this week. I am so excited, I LOVE THIS CITY and this is my girls first time here!
We are going to see three Broadway plays, visit all the sights and have so much fun SHOPPING!!!



Don't you worry about recipes being posted here though, I've got a full line up all scheduled and ready to go! Today I am sharing a new pot roast, great for the crock pot. Sticking with my every Monday & Wednesday crock pot nights at my house and I am still LOVING it.  Then, on Monday don't forget to come check out THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS - Apple Recipes.

Another Pot Roast recipe, I know, I know! I just can not decide on just one. I have my favorites Grandma's Fay Pot Roast, my mother has been making for years. This was the ONLY roast I ever knew until I moved out and started cooking on my own. And yes, it's still one of my all time favorites. Then I found this wonderful gluten-free recipe Beef Pot Roast and we LOVE IT TOO!!! And then lastly their is my Salsa Roast with Chicken or Beef, which is currently sitting at my most popular recipe to date on MOMS CRAZY COOKING! And now we have another new favorite....



Caramelized-Onion Pot Roast
from Betty Crocker Recipe Magazine, January 2001

2-1/2 lb beef boneless chuck roast
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
4 medium onions, sliced thin
1 cup beef broth
1/2 cup beer or apple juice (we use apple juice)
1 tbsp packed brown sugar
1 tbsp cider vinegar
2 tbsp Dijon mustard

Spray 12" skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Cook beef in skillet for 5 minutes, turning once, until brown. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; remove from skillet.

Reduce heat to medium. Add oil to skillet. Cook onions in oil 12 to 14 minutes, stirring frequently, until brown. Stir in broth, apple juice, brown sugar, vinegar and mustard. Spoon half of the onion mixture into your crock pot; place beef onto of onions; spoon remaining onion mixture over beef.

Cover and Cook on low for 8 to 9 hours (my crock-pot only takes about 6 hours).

5 comments :

  1. Your twin daughters are gorgeous! Have fun with them in New York. Your pot roast looks delicious! My mom used to make one very similar years ago and I miss her cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful looking roast-I call the crockpot my "Magic Pot".

    Have a tonne of fun with your kiddoes (they are still kiddoes even if they are older).

    I had my daughter 3 weeks before my 40th so far (almost two years in) my 40's are my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughters are so beautiful. I hope the three of you enjoy your time in New York. Great memories to be made. Your pot roast looks so delicious. I need to make this. It's been years since I've had any.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to you all! Have a wonderful time in my wonderful city!

    The pot roast looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...