background

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Catalina Cranberry Chicken

This has become the families new favorite chicken recipe. (this is no small task for my 11 year old, who HATES chicken). My husband's exact quote after the first time he tasted this chicken "You can make this every single night, this is the BEST chicken you have ever made"! Happy Husband, Happy Wife!

This chicken is so great, you can make it in the oven, crock-pot and even BBQ. It all tastes so good!
 

Catalina Cranberry Chicken
from Kraft Food & Family Magazine

6 to 8 Chicken Thigh Pieces
1 can (16 oz) whole cranberry sauce
1 bottle Catalina Dressing
1 envelope onion soup mix

OVEN: Heat oven to 350, place chicken in 9x13 baking dish. Mix & Pour remaining ingredients over chicken. Bake for 50 minutes or until done.

BBQ: Mix all ingredients together and marinate the chicken in sauce (overnight); BBQ on the grill until chicken is done.

CROCK-POT: Mix all ingredients together and place the chicken thighs along with sauce in the crock-pot. Cook on low for 4 hours or less. Do NOT overcook.

I LOVE Linky Parties, what a great way to mix and mingle with lots of bloggers! This recipe is linked to: What's on Your Plate, Real Food Wednesday, What's Cooking Wednesday, Frugal Food Fridays and Crockpot Wednesdays

6 comments :

  1. Oh thank you for posting this, I've forgotten about this recipe, we've not make it in a LONG time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tina, I love the flavors you have combined here in this recipe. Certainly want to play with those flavors and come up with a version of my own from scratch. Thanks so much for inspiring me with the flavor combinations and for sharing this on the hearth and soul hop. All the best, alex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this..I kknow my readers would too! I have a Blog Hop (2 different ones) every Mon & Wed. Would love to have you join us with your wonderful recipes!!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very different! I love to see something new to try. I have all those ingredients too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Followed you SRC link here. This sounds so easy and so good. Plus I have a can of cranberry sauce about to expire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh! I keep randomly seeing this recipe online and must try it one day! I don't know what Catalina dressing tastes like, but everyone who reviews this recipe seems to love it! Printing it out now :)
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...