background

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Good Ole' Tacos with Avocado Sauce

Good Ole' Tacos: I can't even say I have this awe inspiring recipe for these wonderful tacos. This is just the SIMPLEST Good Ole' Taco that I am sure most American families make every week (except us, this was my kids FIRST time having these at home). I think what made these so delicious is the Corn Tortillas fried in oil/grease (of course), but oh the taste was just to die for (don't tell anyone, but I think I had like 4 of them)! I know with out a doubt we will be making these again very soon, but I will share with you a great recipe for a avocado sauce we came across and now use with lots of different Mexican dishes and this one was no exception. This was the perfect touch to these Good Ole' Tacos.

Good Ole' Tacos
Corn Tortillas (fried in oil)
Ground Hamburger Meat
Shredded Lettuce
Diced Tomatoes
Sour Cream
Diced Avocados (and/or the delicious Avocado Sauce below)

No directions needed!

Avocado Sauce
I apoligize I have no idea where we found this recipe, if anyone knows I will give proper credit!
This can be used on tacos and is great for sandwiches too!

2 Avocados
1/4 cup Sour Cream
1/4 cup Mayonnaise
1 tbsp lime juice
1 garlic clove, minced (or 1/2 tbsp minced garlic)
1 tsp dill weed
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp dried parsley
dash cayenne pepper

Mash avocado. stir in remaining ingredients and serve!


5 comments :

  1. Hi Tina,
    I was so excited to see that you brought your Good Ole Taco's With Avocado Sauce...it looks so good I can't wait to try a Taco with some of that sauce! Thank you for coming over to Full Plate Thursday and please come back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh... sounds good! I used to not be a big avocado fan, but a few years ago I really started liking it... alot! I'll have to get the stuff to make this for the next time we have tacos :)

    If you get a chance, I'd love for you to link up to my What's Cooking Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm! We have avocados ripening right now and we love tacos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what? There's nothing that I like better than a good taco! Wish I could reach in and grab one...or five. YUM! Slice me off some extra avocado. Okay...I'm seriously craving tacos right now. Thanks for giving me the craving and sharing this w/ the hearth and soul hop :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from Hearth n Soul, that avocado sauce sounds wonderful, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...