background

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Crock-Pot BBQ Chicken or Crock-Pot Salsa Chicken or Salsa Roast

These are two VERY simple, easy & fast preparation meals for a busy families! My family is always going in different directions and I should really use my crock-pot more often! Which right now I am going to add to my 2011 Goal List. (yes, I have a small goal list started for 2011.. now I have 4 goals and will add more as I see fit!!!)  Monday & Wednesday nights are the hardest for dinner, and it would be wonderful to have a crock-pot meal ready, so that my girls can eat before they have a 3 hour dance practice (sometimes I do not get home in time to cook for them if I am running my son around!) AH, PROBLEM NOW SOLVED!

Crock-Pot BBQ Chicken
4 to 6 boneless chicken breast (I suppose all kinds of chicken pieces would work)
1 bottle BBQ Sauce (homemade BBQ Sauce or store bought & I will be on the hunt for gluten-free, for next time)

Place 1/2 bottle of sauce on the bottom of the crock-pot then layer in chicken pieces, pour the remaining bbq sauce on top and then let it cook! (Do not over-cook; 4 hours is about enough depending on your crock-pot). Once the chicken is cooked, turn on your broiler and lay the pieces out on a cookie sheet and bake for just about 5 minutes to let it crisp up a bit! We serve ontop of a bed of rice, DELISH!!!



Crock-Pot Salsa Chicken or Salsa Roast
4 to 6 boneless/skinless chicken breast or 1 Shoulder Roast (beef or pork) 
1 medium to large size jar of Salsa (our favorite is the pineapple Vons/Safeway store brand)

Place chicken or roast on the bottom of the crock-pot and add in the entire jar of salsa. (Do not over-cook; 4 to 6 hours (for chicken) and 6 to 8 hours (for roast) is about enough depending on your crock-pot, and you want it to just shred in your hands). Once the meat is cooked, shred with the salsa that is in the crockpot and mix it all up (we leave in crock-pot for parties and events to serve it). This meat makes GREAT taco meat (chicken, beef or pork)! Just lay out all the fixin's and make the best taco you've ever had, I promise the meat will be delicious!

Tina's 2011 "everygrowing" Goal List

1. $150 per week Grocery Budget (so far so good.. only went over $24 bucks.. ONCE!)
2. Pay off all Credit Cards (and cut them up) in 2011! Thank You Dave Ramsey!
3. TWO date nights with my husband per month (we each plan one and on $20 bucks or less)
4. Crock-Pot Meal every Monday & Wednesday!

I do expect this list to grow and grow as the months progress!!!

2 comments :

  1. Thanks so much for posting to Crock Pot Wednesday with this terrific chicken salsa. It sounds so good. I will certainly be giving it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM YUM YUM! These recipes look great! I must have missed them in the insanity of my year. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...