background

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS GOODIES: White Chocolate Spice Cookies

Day 1 of 12 Days of Christmas Goodies

I am starting my first ever 12 Days of Christmas Goodies BLOG HOP Party and I hope to keep this as a tradition year after year here on my MOMS CRAZY COOKING blog. Every year I bake and bake and bake some more (we make 60 plus goodie boxes), so I am always looking for good ideas and I think a Blog Hop Party is the perfect opportunity to see many ideas from all of the other bloggers out there. I hardly ever make the same thing twice, except this year I know I will be making two things again (or I may have very upset customers). They were the all time favorites from last year. The first is what we call Red Velvet Cake Balls (which I now think came from the Cake Pop Lady Bakerella, I knew nothing about her blog last year when I made them) and White Chocolate Spice Cookies (these I could not keep enough of them made-up at my house; they keep going and going and going).

GRAB OUR BUTTON AND JOIN IN THE
12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS GOODIES BLOG HOP PARTY

If you would like to play along on the 12 Days of Christmas Goodies Blog Hop Party, feel free to link up a recipe or two of some GOODIES you are making this year. Are you making goodies to to give away to friends, family and neighbors or just some sweet treats you plan on having over the holidays? And if you wish to add this BLOG HOP PARTY to your own post, see below for the link and add it! You and your readers will then be able to see all the recipes people link up right on your own blog. (What a FUN and COOL idea! Gotta LOVE Mr. Linky)

Here's the list of the 12 Days of Christmas Goodies in case you need an idea (or two) for baking this year!

Today's recipe I found last year and I have a feeling I will be making every year from now on. I received so many compliments from this, I think my friends and family will be upset if they do NOT see these in their holiday goodie box this year. I make several goodie boxes for my kids friends, co-workers, neighbors, family friends, church, school office and more, so this weekend all day on Saturday and Sunday I will lay out my 60+ boxes and begin to fill them up. This cookie will be first on the list as it is the most delicious holiday cookies ever!


White Chocolate Spice Cookies

1 package Yellow Cake
1/3 cup Butter Shortening
1-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 cup cold water
1 large egg
Melted White Chocolate for Garnish
Ground Cinnamon for Garnish

Heat oven to 375. Spray cookie sheets lightly with no-stick cooking spray.  Combine cake mix and shortening in medium bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until a coarse meal forms. Add cinnamon, ginger, cloves, water and egg, mixing on low, until a smooth dough forms. Shape dough into1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.  Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Allow cookies to set up on cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Remove to cooling rack.

Place melted chocolate into the corner of a quart resealable food storage bag. Seal bag and microwave 5 seconds on high. Snip a small edge off the corner of bag. Squeeze bag to drizzle cooled cookies with chocolate. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon.


Looking for the 12 DAYS OF CHRSITMAS GOODIES Blog Hop....
click here to see the entire hop on Day 12 !

3 comments :

  1. I have a challenge to try 2 new cookie recipes this month and this has just gone to the top of the list! I can't wait to see what everyone brings to the party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! And what a great blog party idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum!! I am hosting a treats week next week and I will be sure to stop by and link up. Hope you will do the same.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...