background

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Snickerdoodle Cupcakes

I just learned of an AMAZING opportunity to win a trip from One2One Network to THE GREAT BLISSDOM Conference. I am so exciting about this opportunity. My blog is just 2 months old (yesterday) and the last 2 months have been amazing. I've meet some AWESOME people already, learned SO much about blogging, cooking and baking. And I can't wait to learn MORE. I would love the chance to go to a conference and learn about this amazing little "BLOG WORLD".

These are AMAZING cupcakes. I first found these back in March 2010 over at Your Homebased Mom I think I've made these so many times that people actually think it's my recipe. They say "Oh did you make those really good cupcakes again". And yes of course I made them AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN.

I have made a few variations, changed the frosting up a bit here and there, but the base of the cupcake is just so delicious it almost doesn't matter what frosting you put on top. One of my daughters just LOVES the Cinnamon frosting, my oldest son LOVES Cream Cheese frosting. So no matter how I make them they always disappear very quickly. This batch went just as fast as a friend stop by to help me proof read my scrapbook/cookbook and another neighbor saw me post on facebook that I was baking them so we took a plate to them too. Her daughter said "this is the BEST cupcake I've ever had". So put a smile on everyone's face and make these delicious cupcakes any day of the year or better yet bring them this year as a Thanksgiving Day treat. I promise they will be a hit.

Snickerdoodle Cupcakes
originally found over at Your HomeBased Mom

3 cups cake flour (we use any flour we have on hand)
1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 sticks butter, softened,
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 c buttermilk

cinnamon sugar: 1 Tbsp sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon

Oven preheat to 350 degrees.  Sift together dry ingredients (except for cinnamon sugar, set aside).  With paddle attachment cream butter and sugar until fluffy, about 2 -3 minutes.  Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.  Add vanilla.  Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk beginning and ending with flour.  Fill cupcake pans 2/3 full.  Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.  Bake for 20 minutes.  Cool in pan for 5 minutes and remove.

Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting
frosting recipe updated 10-13-11
adapted from Magnolia Bakery Cookbook in New York City

1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
6-1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon

Place butter in a large mixing bowl. Add 4 cups of the powdered sugar and then the milk and vanilla. On medium speed in an electric mixer, beat until smooth and creamy, about 3-5 minutes. Gradually add the remaining sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating well after each addition (about 2 minutes), until the icing is thick enough. If desired, add a few drops of food coloring and mix thoroughly.

Makes approx 32 regular cupcakes.





Also don't forget to link up with us
Thanksgiving Cookies & Treats at:

16 comments :

  1. Yum! I love cupcakes and my husband loves snickerdoodle cookies, this is a must try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these look yummy. I have a recipe for snickerdoodle muffins that are really good too. I think the cinnamon buttercream would be just divine on those things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh em geeeee...those cupcakes look fantastic and far too addictive...my thighs are shaking just thinking about them! YUM :D And look at you, wishing for a conference and viola one appears...that's awesome! I hope you have a blast :D Thanks so much for sharing this w/ the hearth and soul hop this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First...I REALLY hope you can go to Blissdom! It's amazing, and my blog has been taken to new heights because of it!
    Secondly...your cupcakes look really yummy! I love the picture collage you did with them!
    Thanks for joining us for the Cupcake Challenge!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cupcakes definitely are the best - so glad you enjoy them too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yum!! These look and sound SO good. I can't wait to try these...I'm thinking this weekend! Thanks for sharing. I'm stopping by from Tasty Tuesday. I'm anxious to go check out the rest of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a great recipe. I love snickerdoodles so the only thing better would have to be snickerdoodle cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those sound delicious! I love cinnamon too so this is a recipe I'll be sure to try out. Thank you for sharing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. my son loves snickerdoodle cookies these I think would please him very much love how you have them decorated for fall

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tina! Snickerdoodle cookies are my favorite so this is just perfect for me...and my family too if I decide to share some with them! :-) Thanks so much for linking up this wonderful recipe and I'm definitely going to be making these soon!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cupcakes sound great and look so cute with the leaf sprinkles-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have my vote with the Days of Thanksgiving party! These look SO yummy and they are perfectly beautiful too. <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for spreading the word about BlissDom! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...